Wednesday, June 10, 2015

4th of July DIY - 2x4 USA Flag

don't usually decorate tons for 4th of July but I've been on a crafting spree lately. This is one of a handful that I've done in the last few days. The best part is, it cost less than 10 bucks to make! Super simple and so cute. 


Cut list: 
2 - 7 inch 2x4's 
2 - 3 inch 2x4's 
2 - 3 inch 2x4's 
Other supplies: 
Ribbon of your choice (I just used some I already had laying around from Christmas) 
Red Craft Paint - I used True Red
Blue Craft Paint - I used True Blue 
White Craft Paint  
Sand Paper 

Paint your blocks.. Your 3 inch blocks will be blue. You will have 1 red 7 inch block, 1 red 3 1/2 inch block, 1 white 7 inch block and 1 red 3 1/2 inch block. Once you've finished painting let sit for 1-2 hours to be sure they are dried completely. Once dry, sand the edges to give it a distressed look, wrap a ribbon around and tie in a bow. Add your star (I used vinyl that I cut, but you could easily paint the star on with the white paint you've got. And now you're finished! So cute and so festive! Xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment